Share your strategies, tactics and experience! Every Friday we’ll post a picture or video and want to get your take on the situation.
THE SCENARIO: You are on either the first arriving Engine or Truck (your choice). You arrive to these heavy smoke conditions in this commercial building with multiple mixed occupancies. Give us your SIZE-UP, CREW ASSIGNMENTS & RECEO VS considerations. Enjoy!
NOTE: Safe Firefighter Instructor Jason Joannides was on the the first arriving Truck, so post your comments and we’ll get the “first-hand” version at the beginning of next week.
- RESCUE profile
- EXPOSURE considerations
- CONFINEMENT issues
- EXTINGUISHMENT strategies/tactics
- OVERHAUL considerations
- VENTILATION strategies/tactics
- SALVAGE considerations
- PLEASE REMEMBER… We want to critique this video, however First Due Friday is a CONSTRUCTIVE tool! Mudslinging comments WILL NOT be posted. Thanks and enjoy!
Also on SAFE Firefighter …
- First Due Friday; You Arrive on the Truck… (Video) – May 11, 2012
- First Due Friday; Working Multi-Family w/ “Obvious” Rescues (Video) – June 8, 2012
- First Due Friday; Heavy Fire Top Floor! – June 15, 2012
- First Due Friday; A Small Fire In A Strip Mall – May 25, 2012