Share your strategies, tactics and experience! Every Friday we’ll post a picture or video and want to get your take on the situation.
THE SCENARIO: You are on duty with your usual crew on your usual rig. You arrive at this working fire in Lowe’s. The fire is in the rear loading dock area and spreading into the store. The manager reports at least 2 employees still inside. They were last seen in the rear (close to but not in the area of the fire). YOU CREW IS ASSIGNED PRIMARY SEARCH FOR THE VICTIMS. Smoke conditions diminish as you go deeper into the building until they are almost zero visibility w/ low to moderate heat. You encounter the typical “big box” layout (as pictured).
- What are the known hazards?
- What are the unknown hazards?
- What resources would your FD assign to accomplish the necessary strategy or tactic?
- What tactics would you use to accomplish your assignment?
Also on SAFE Firefighter …
- Thinking Outside The Box May Kill You – March 6, 2012
- First Due Friday; Where Is The Fire? – March 23, 2012
- This Ain’t The Burn Building – March 27, 2012
- First Due Friday; 2-Alarm Commercial Job! (Video) – August 3, 2012