Snapped this picture during an EMS run. Invaluable lessons can be learned by paying attention during non-fire runs.
Some of the things we noted:
1. The additional slide bolt lock on the front door
2. No door knob on the bedroom door
3. Open light fixtures
4. Only one smoke detector (in the kitchen, not pictured) but it was 3 feet down the wall.
What hazards and/or fire behavior can we expect from these pictures?
Also on SAFE Firefighter …
- First Due Friday; Heavy Fire Top Floor! – June 15, 2012
- CLASSES! “Truck Work 101″ – January 20, 2013
- CLASSES!!! Come Break Stuff With Us! – June 21, 2013
- CLASS ANNOUNCEMENT! “Street Smart” Forcible Entry – September 18, 2012