Snapped this picture during an EMS run. Invaluable lessons can be learned by paying attention during non-fire runs.
Some of the things we noted:
1. The additional slide bolt lock on the front door
2. No door knob on the bedroom door
3. Open light fixtures
4. Only one smoke detector (in the kitchen, not pictured) but it was 3 feet down the wall.
What hazards and/or fire behavior can we expect from these pictures?
Also on SAFE Firefighter …
- First Due Friday: “Big Box” Search – December 9, 2011
- First Due Friday; A Small Fire In A Strip Mall – May 25, 2012
- Thinking Outside The Box May Kill You – March 6, 2012
- First Due Friday; Heavy Fire Top Floor! – June 15, 2012